Friday, October 12, 2012

DFM - The Lost Files: Background Progress

So this week I've basically been getting acquainted with the backgrounds that I'll be working on for the next couple of weeks. As a background artist, we decided that it was a good idea for me to meet with the story team while they storyboarded to help out and give them some ideas for environments. 

It's sort of been a collaborative effort since then, but now it's going to be all on me and Chay to get these things cranked out before the actual animation is done. I think in order to make it easier on myself that I'm just going to sketch out the structure to the backgrounds first and then have it approved by Tara and Emma before I go into Illustrator to work on the finished product. This way, the animators can use the sketches to animate on until the backgrounds are produced and polished.

We've decided to do them in a consistent double 1920x1080 format so that they can be zoomed into if needed. Chay and I have also decided to split them up by odds and evens so that there's more of a consistent look as opposed to one half looking one way and one half looking another (even if it's just by minor details). 

Here are some of the sketches that I've done so far:








There'll be more of these to come next week, and I'll probably have started refining some of them as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment