Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DFM - Project Hiroshi Hayakawa: Final



It's finally finished! This ended up turning out ok for me. For as much time as I spent on it I wish it would look more complete, but I was having a hard time bringing things together at the end. I finished rendering each of the figures and added some stronger highlights, then went back in and tried to 'air brush' a more saturated feeling to the over-all piece with some of the brighter colors from my palette. I zoomed in to render some of the patterns in the clothing and fur and tried to bring in some of the background color to the figures to give a unified look.

All in all, I'm not too unhappy with the piece. In the end, it was more for experimentation for me as a digital painter than anything else. I learned a lot about the process and feel like I essentially got over what was baffling in the beginning. Hopefully this'll prompt me to practice more!

No comments:

Post a Comment